PITTI UOMO – 92ND EDITION
“Florence to me has always been a city of leisure. For the first time, I am happy to mix leisure and the pleasure of my work there”
Are you hitting Florence on the middle of June? you can’t miss the annual, most important fashion event in the menswear industry of the season.
Since the ’70s, entrepreneurs, manufactures and fashion designers have met in Florence (Italy) to take upon their shoulders the destiny of the fashion world (funny but true).
A global event for globally influential buyers, trendsetters and journalists.
Well, if you are a fashionista you know what we are talking about, the par excellence greatest venue for men’s fashion and accessories universe. You are not a fashionista? no problem, here I’m with some facts (if you love statistics is gonna be fun).
– The exhibition area is of 60.000 square meters (645,834.62 square feet)
– The web guide to the event is 114 pages (for real!)
– The location is The Fortezza da Basso (official name is the Fortress of Saint John the Baptist, in italian Fortezza di San Giovanni Battista), a fort inserted in the fourteenth century walls of Florence
– 910 brands participated to the last edition
– More than 26,000 images and videos were produced for the occasion.
– Designers for more that 20 countries will meet
– Children under 12 are not allowed in the exhibition area beside organizers provide a free nursery service (cool)
With the intent of extend the exhibition experience due to it’s popularity main organizers created e-PITTI, a digital platform dedicated to the fashion panorama. It hots temporary collections, products and tendencies for 9 weeks after the main event has finished, so if you missed don’t worry you can keep up with this innovative trade show from your sofa.
I’m missing something, as you can imagine this event beyond it’s commercial importance gets together the most elegant, stylish and refined men all over the world.
photo credit: G. Falcone, POLIMODA
Pitti Uomo – 92nd Edition June 2017
When: From 13 to 16 June 2017
(Pre-registration 12 june 2017)
Exhibition times 9.00 am – 6.00 pm (last day: 9.00 am – 4.00 pm)
Registration times 8.30 am – 6.00 pm (last day: 8.30 am – 2.00 pm)
Where: Fortezza da Basso – Viale Filippo Strozzi, 1, 50129 Florence, Italy